Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Does this mean I suck?

At my local comic shop, we usually have tourneys on Mondays. We pay a 5.00 dollar fee for entering a tourney. We play. The number of people we have determines how many rounds we play, so that everyone plays everybody at least once. At the tournament's end, we distribute packs (2 to the winner, and depending on how many people came, 2 to second) and 1 for the rest. We distribute promo's in the following manner: 1st gets 4, 2nd gets 3, 3rd gets 2, everyone else gets one. Because of the number of people who show up (usually 5), we almost always have promo's readily available. If you'd like to play, contact The Game Shoppe for details.

What was that? An introduction to how I play UFS. But now I'm getting to the part that merits the title. At the latest tourney, I was lucky enough to pull this:

Yeah, she's a beaut, eh? When this baby came out of my pack, there were leaps for joy to be had for all, and I quickly got home and started tihnkning of ways to use this sucker. Now, for those of you who may not play UFS (and the majority who come here for games are the people I'm talking to), this is a good card. I think.

Here's where I get into something odd; I honestly don't think I need it in any of my decks. I do run a deck that have each of its symbols (the things that let you play it in the first place), but most of the time, I feel like its ability never helps me that much. In fact, I'm using abilities more than once per turn (Morrigan, Sakura, and Ken are the decks I'm talking about, in case you'd like to know), so It'd stop me more often than it'd help.

Now, the other option I have is to make a deck based around it. Ukyo is the idea I have in mind, but I'm not even sure if it works at this point, but I really don't feel like making that sort of deck, because it looks like a bitch to make.

Now, I do see that this card stops lots of degenerate crap, but I just don't see it fit with the kind of decks I like to make. And with lots of people jumping through lots of hoops (especially if they're made of money), I feel really weird putting it in my binder instead of in any of my decks. I'm just not sure I've found this card's strength, or at least where it benefits me.

So I ask the question again: Does this mean I suck? Do you have any suggestions on what to do with it? Because if you do, I'd love to hear them. Give me your thoughts in the form of comments, and maybe I can put this thing in a plastic sleeve someday.


Peace.

1 comment:

Guillaume Favreau said...

If you ask pretty much everybody, it sucks. It's the most overhyped rare in the history of UFS.

HOWEVER... play Void Dhalsim with Yoga Legend, and it is absolutely sexy. It'll become more viable in the next set, due to Defender of the Makai shenanigans.