Friday, February 11, 2011

Slow Going

I realized earlier today that Capcom has the best lineup of the year, as far as I'm concerned. Ghost Trick is my favorite game of the year so far, and Rearmed 2 currently has me under its collectathon spell. Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 looks like it's right on track to being for me what Street Fighter 4 was for so many people, and Okamiden sounds like it'll be fun as well. Capcom 3 is really the only game I'd say I am/was anticipating.

I'm going into this year more than ever realizing that I'm not truly "excited" for anything coming out this year. Last year, Starcraft and Super Mario Galaxy 2 were the games that I knew would set the bar for games that year. Most everything else was going to be a nice surprise. I think this year will probably hold a few a surprises for me, but as of now, nothing gets me going. Maybe that has to do more with the fact that I've lost a lot of my enthusiasm for hyping up games, after a few of them have made me blown my gasket then disappointed.

I'm sure everyone will point out tons of games and say "What about this?" and I'll say, "Yeah, sure that'll probably be good." But the point is, It'll be something where the week before I'll realize it's coming out and buy it. Or not. I'd be one thing if this meant that I'd lost ability to like games or whatever, but the fact is, I'm incredibly excited about BioShock Infinite, which isn't out until 2012.

Maybe this is better. Maybe since I don't build games up in my head into something they're not I won't be disappointed but rather surprised. We'll see.

No comments: