Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Various Notes

A bit of a cop-out post, to be sure, but I couldn't pick a topic to write about -- or one that would merit its own post -- so here are several opinions on several things.

- The Dickwolves thing: The Penny Arcade dudes were right on both counts. Right to joke about whatever it is they want, because they had their forum to do so. And right to pull the shirt from the store so as to not alienate people who might be offended by said material. As it pertains to PAX, which is a business as well as whatever other might make of it, it's the right business move. People have as much a right to be offended as they do to express themselves.

- I can't imagine a bigger non-issue than adding a jump function of Bionic Commando Rearmed 2. Considering that the game can be beat without using it once (and it even rewards you for doing so), people moaning that their perfect game has been broken by something that FatShark saw as something it needed to add to their sequel sounds incredibly myopic to me. Hardcore fans of the original already got their remake. This is a new game, and FatShark has the freedom to do whatever they want with the game they've been entrusted. If the fact that people are enjoying the game more because of a feature that you can avoid entirely gets under your skin, I can't help you.

- I have six JRPG's to play on my PSP, and they all seem incredibly intimidating. I started with the first Disgaea, which may have been a poor choice. Out all of the games I have to play (P3P, Riviera, Knights in the Nightmare, Yggdra Union, Disgaea, and Valkyria Chronicles 2), Disgaea seems like the longest one. I'm going to blow through the main game for the sake of the other games. All of the side stuff you can do to min/max sounds like it could take hours of grinding. I'm hoping to get through these before the NGP comes out. We'll see if that ever happens.

- I really hate driving in the snow.

No comments: