Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Blog About Hats

In the last year, I've taken quite a liking to baseball caps. I don't know why I like them, but I know when it happened; during the summer, I really hate the way the sun shines. I know I can't do anything about it, either, so I wear hats instead. I like the way hats feel on my head, obviously. But it also complements my other change recently: keeping my hair super-short. Shaved short.When my hair gets too long, my hat feels wrong when I wear it, so I know when to cut my hair. These two forces mean I don't have to put to much work into my hair. At least, I don't think it does. Does it?

The problem I've encountered is that I've lost all sense of knowing when and when not to wear them. Is it wrong to wear them inside all day? The sun's not there and I can control all the other lighting, so it feels kind of weird, like doing the same thing with sunglasses. In high school, there was a strict "hats off in the building" policy, so even when I gained my initial interest, I couldn't take it as far as I wanted to. Now, professors and the like could care less who you are, let alone what you're wearing, so I can wear hats at school now too. That fact that I'm even writing this much about hats makes me think this whole thing is unhealthy.

No comments: