Sunday, January 30, 2011

Dream Diary #1: Sarah Palin

I was going to write a long diatribe about the Tiger Mother, but my entire point was that she was a troll who was exposition her unique position to gain attention. But I understand the sweet irony of that post, so I opted not to do it. Instead, I'll do something much worse.

I had a dream this morning, during that time in dream Limbo where you know you're awake but you somehow still dream. I was at some sort of Republican convention (I never really got a hold of why), and I got closer to Sarah Palin than I'd ever want to be. I had the vague feeling that my family had encouraged me to get close to the stage, and she invited me up. She handed me the weirdest Gatling gun I'd ever seen; think of a huge water pitcher, except with a handle on either side and a longer barrel.

She told me to take a celebratory salvo of shots, for what I don't know. As I started firing, the recoil got out of control (which is expected consider the gun's design), and I shot a little girl in the pews. She immediately fell, causing mayhem and and scattering. I stopped firing as soon as I hit the girl, and Sarah's men pushed me offstage  with her behind me, saying "Don't worry, hun. You'll be fine. We can take care of this."

I'm still trying to figure out what the hell that meant. I feel like an intellectual who reads more into a story than author does. I'm sure if I asked my subconscious about it, they'd say "I don't know. I really don't like her."

Whether that referred to the girl or Sarah Palin I wouldn't know. 

No comments: